UltraFit with Nas 2

The feeling of rising with the sun used to fill me with a sense of accomplishment. Just yesterday, I'd triumphed over the shriek of my alarm. But this morning? Resistance was my companion. I dreamt of sneaking in a few more moments of sleep, giving in to a 4-minute timer. However, today's groggy morning routine had a win: I remembered to pack the right pants.

I reached the gym a bit early and greeted Nas. Before class, I went to fetch a towel. After all, when I sweat, I could easily rival a monsoon. My brief absence prompted a playful reprimand from Nas. I assured him of my quick return. But then, life threw a curveball. A sudden, gut-wrenching feeling hinted at a looming emergency, mere moments before class. Today's unexpected challenge? Keeping nature at bay. I emerged victorious.

Next up was the UltraFit class, directed by the ever-energetic Nas. My recent session with Olivia had me feeling on top of my fitness game. But today was a humbling reality check: I was deep in a valley. UltraFit seemed to thrive on intense cardio. Half of it was on a treadmill, while the other involved balancing acts on the floor and a bosu ball. Nas's enthusiasm was off the charts today. He set a treadmill pace that left me wondering if I'd forgotten previous speeds, playfully thinking of my grandpa's terms, "falseheimerz" or "halfzheimerz".

The floor exercises included dumbbells. Recalling my struggles with form, I chose lighter weights. Balancing on a bosu felt akin to standing on ever-shifting sands. Maybe next time, I'll dare to choose the heavier dumbbells.

There's a unique camaraderie in these sessions. Tom, a fellow gym-goer (with a name hinting at a Myspace era), attempted introductions. His treadmill, right beside mine, felt like an implicit challenge. I'd sneak peeks: his pace easily outdid mine. It's humbling, jogging at 7.3 mph while Tom cruised at a comfortable 10.2 mph. Sometimes I wonder: had I swapped video games for outdoor adventures in my younger years, where would I be?

After class, curiosity got me. I questioned Nas about a phrase I believed I'd heard him say, something that resembled "Doctor's Orders". His puzzled look followed by a suggestion to point it out next time left me feeling slightly embarrassed. But as they say, clarity often comes after a few stumbles.

Post-exercise, I usually indulge in the sauna and steam room. Today, though, the steam room had a surprise: a fellow user, disregarding etiquette, was, well, fully exposed. Amidst the mist, I contemplated his audacity. While I respect body confidence, shared spaces warrant mutual respect. Today, I chose peace over annoyance. Sometimes, one needs to just let the steam do its thing.


All the best,

Fred

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Base run with Wendy.

Alpha Strength with Aaron

HOTWORX Cycle x3