GTX with Allison

Unwinding with Gentle Yoga was peaceful. Then came GTX. It was my first class with Allison, whose energy was simply infectious. The class, a Saturday special, was a perfect balance between cardio and strength. It demanded everything.

As I entered, it was clear: Allison was popular. Every treadmill was in use, every spot claimed. These treadmills? Not ordinary. They boasted advanced screens and a unique boot camp setting. Today's challenge was Zone 4, echoing my previous EDG Flex class. Ten grueling minutes of near-maximum running met a contrasting scene of lifting, lunging, and elastic band shoulder raises.

Yet, the standout was a partner-based routine. Allison paired me with T, a name as succinct as it sounds. Our dance was a blend of speed and strength. One ran, the other tackled exercises like Bulgarian split squats and dumbbell push-up rows. My initial sprint was quick. Too quick. But as minutes ticked by, my energy dwindled to a fatigued smile for T.

I felt like the newcomer. My sweat was a dead giveaway. However, Allison’s affirming nods and the end-of-class applause, my first, supercharged the atmosphere. After, many praised the session. I pondered: was it due to the variety of classes I had taken? Or was it the ripple effect of Allison's infectious positivity?

Ultimately, GTX was more than a class. It was community. Exhausting, invigorating, and entirely exhilarating.


All the best,

Fred

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Base run with Wendy.

Alpha Strength with Aaron

HOTWORX Cycle x3