Barbell Strength with Olivia 2

Before my alarm had a chance to sound its morning protest, I was already awake. Was this an unexpected adaptation since embarking on my fitness odyssey in July? However, the day wasn’t perfect. Half-asleep, I packed an extra gym short instead of my work pants. Today's outfit screamed "comfort king." Would my colleagues chuckle momentarily and move on?

Yesterday’s Alpha Strength still echoed, especially in my hips. But, hasn’t soreness been a constant sidekick on this journey?

Walking into Barbell Strength, I spotted Olivia. She has this incredible memory for names, remembering even those who drop by occasionally. Feeling bold, or maybe just foolhardy, I decided to push my boundaries: I doubled my usual barbell weight. The scales might not reflect it, but my burgeoning strength was undeniable. Olivia recounted a story about incremental weight increases from a class she'd taken. She'd loop back to this tale, possibly nudging us to persevere.

However, the crux? Those "Bring Sally Up" push-ups. My progression (or should I say regression?) was almost laughable. From full-fledged push-ups, I moved to bench-assisted, then begrudgingly to the knee variation, ending in a fusion of knees and bench. My sweat felt more like a downpour.

The session had a rhythm. It began with a warm-up, followed by an evenly paced dance of resistance between the upper and lower body, culminating in a core challenge. A fellow fitness enthusiast, perhaps exhausted from the previous class, flitted around us during this last bit. Amusing, yes, but trying to laugh with a tightened core? That's next-level.

The climax saw the studio lights transitioning: from an invigorating pink to a soothing blue. Relishing our post-workout bliss, Olivia recounted her escapade at the University of Minnesota booth. Amidst the state fair's bustle, she engaged fair-goers with playful psychology tests, all while they awaited their peculiar pickle pizzas.


All the best,

Fred

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Base run with Wendy.

Alpha Strength with Aaron

HOTWORX Cycle x3